Far Away Projects (“we”, “us”, “our site”, “our”, “Far Away Projects”) operates a directory with volunteering organizations and programs. The users of this website (“users”, “visitors”, “you”, “your”) can access the directory under certain conditions and get information on the organizations and programs.
We collect certain information in order to provide you with the best possible service. We use that information in a very responsible manner because your privacy is very important to us.
Data We Collect
We collect data in three different ways:
- Data that you provide to us
- Data that we collect automatically from you
- Data about you that we collect with the help of third parties.
We collect the following information:
Data you provide to us
- Personal data that you provide to us when creating your account on the website, such as your name and email address.
- Other content that you create by using your account on our website.
Data that we collect automatically from you
- Location information, including the location of your mobile device
- Data about the way you interact with our website
- Information about your device and browser type
- Computer information, IP address, the URL address, and web log information
Data about you that we collect with the help of third parties
- Information from third-party sites, such as Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter, and Instagram.
How We Use Data
We use the collected data to:
- Provide services to you
- Improve our services
- Contact you
We may use your data:
- To allow you to register on our site
- To allow you to use our services
- To charge you any fees and provide you with a receipt or resolve billing issues associated with your account
- To troubleshoot problems with your account
- To communicate with you information about our services, products and related issues
- To evaluate your experience on our site
- To improve and optimize the services and products we provide to you
- To improve your experience on our site
- To maintain and administer our services and comply with our legal or internal obligations and policies
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- To provide you with location-based services such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of our products and services and any security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Session cookies. These cookies stay on your computer only while you are on the website. After that, they are deleted. These cookies may help us keep you signed in on the website while your session lasts or something else.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies stay on your computer until you delete them. These cookies become active every time you are on the website. These cookies may allow us to identify you when you return to our website to provide you with a more customized experience. Some of the cookies may be related to your account, including your personal information you provide to us.
- Referring cookies. These cookies let us know where our visitors come from. They tell us, for example, whether you have arrived on Far Away Projects from Google search, from Facebook, or another website.
You are free to delete or block the cookies from your browser at any time. In such case, however, we do not guarantee you that you’ll receive our services in the same way as if you do not delete or block cookies. Simply put, cookies give us the information we need to provide you with the best possible experience. Without them, we may or may not be able to provide such an experience.
Aggregated and analytical information
We use Google Analytics tools. In addition, we may use other analytics tools from time to time. These tools give us information about your behaviour on our website.
We may share the aggregated and anonymized statistical information with third parties for legitimate business purposes in a way that does not affect your privacy.
Third Party Sites and Cookies
Using some of the third parties’ content on our website may send some third parties (such as Facebook, Pinterest, or Hotjar) information about your behaviour on our website. They may use such information and process it according to their privacy policies.
Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties only in the following situations:
- A legal obligation
- After obtaining your consent to do so
- In the case of being acquired by another company, in which case you will be informed timely according to the applicable laws
- Share it with service providers who process data on our behalf (at this moment these include Facebook, Pinterest, Google, Hotjar, and AWS)
Transfer of Information Outside Your Jurisdiction
We may store or process your data throughout the world. In that regard, your information may be transferred across the borders in other jurisdictions, but only in accordance with the applicable privacy laws.
You have the following rights:
- To get information on how your data is being collected and processed
- To access your data
- To change your data
- To request and get erasure of your data
- To transfer your data
To exercise your rights, contact us at email@example.com.
Information Regarding Children
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If you believe that a child under the age of 116 has provided us with personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove it.
You have the right to make complaints related to your personal information protection to the relevant authority.